Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Oasis

I felt as though I’d been transported to Egypt yesterday. Walking with coworkers down to Famima!! for an afternoon coffee, we cut through the Vroman’s parking lot in Pasadena.

Then, appearing like a mirage in front of us, a woman emerged from the bookstore and walked past our group – stopping me in my tracks - literally.

It was a hot, sunny afternoon, she was wearing tan, Capri knee length shorts, reminiscent of an Egyptian desert – and in the midst of all this “sand” was a very large camel toe.

As she walked away from us, (ostensibly to her car) Vroman’s bag in one hand, purse in the other we had clear VPL.

There are some things I just don’t expect to see in an independent bookstore parking lot. And there are some things we should never have to see anywhere.

This fits both categories.

No comments: