Friday, July 18, 2008

Like I like you

Over the last month, I’ve become enamored of manga. Just certain ones – notably xxxHolic by CLAMP. xxxHolic happens to cross over with Tsubasa, and as I’m waiting for the latest installment of xxxHolic to be translated into English, I’ve started in on reading Tsubasa while I wait for 2009 to roll around.

So, I have the Tsubasa manga that I picked up at Borders during my lunch hour on my desk at work. We have several Phd’s on staff here at work, and he spotted it; which prompted the following exchange:

“Manga? Dude, you read manga?” – Dr
“Um, yeah. Do you like manga?” – Me
“Like manga? Well, I like it in the way I like 6-year old boys.” – Dr
“Excuse me?” – Me
“I mean, I like them, but wouldn’t pick them up, I wouldn’t take them home and I definitely wouldn’t bring them to work to have on my desk.” – Dr

Not sure what to make of that. On one hand, super creepy, and on the other, quite funny.

No comments: