Sunday, January 25, 2009

You're how old?

My agent calls me on Friday evening; he’s got me an audition spot at 10am on Monday for a print commercial. It’s a straight buy out, and they’re looking for a “Silverlake” type. In Hollywood speak this is basically edgy, fashionable, young, rocker, hip – the spot is for a mobile phone company.

Then comes the kicker, he got me a 10am spot, but realized that this is actually for the 18–21 year olds. But he says not to worry, as I can just go to the other slot that begins at 1pm, and explain that my agent booked me into the wrong slot. Making this a little bit worse is that this 1pm slot is for guys who are 24-25.

My agent commented that it wouldn’t be good to put me up against an 18 or 19 year old – all I can think of is that the casting director will need to have cataracts, cause the 25 set will need to have been doing a lot of hard living or we’ll just need to make sure there’s a good photoshop artist around if I land the job.

I can definitely pass for late 20’s – hell, I still get carded. But, even on my great days, passing for 24 would be a STRETCH.

No comments: