Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Spic and Span

My brother and I used to clean our Mum’s house when we were there over weekends; we’d clear away clutter, file paper, and throw away rubbish. By the end of our weekend stay, the place was always spotless, sparking, and the very look of a model home.

Mum always took this with good grace, and was genuinely pleased with our little boy efforts in the housekeeping arena.

I never realized what an annoying habit this can be until this New Years. I had a guest with me that’s a compulsive cleaner. All week long papers were stacked into neat piles and placed in strategic places around my apartment. Cards and pens would magically gather in new meeting places out of sight making the place look spotless.

In other words, I can no longer find anything as it’s no longer where I left it. I’ll never offer to clean for another soul again.

No comments: