Friday, August 18, 2006

Not dead yet

Bleeding internally. Well, that’s what the doctor says. Shouldn’t I urinate blood or something really dramatic?

Sadly no, in this case it’s nothing so obvious. I’m a bit tired now and again, but originally I just put that down to work. Maybe it’s actually cause my circulatory system is leaking itself into other systems in my body.

There was a boy in my primary school in New Zealand that used to pee blood. We were all really scared; partly cause he was mean as all get out, and partly ‘cause his urine was red. Other boys would go tell teachers, others would just steer clear.

Anyway, nothing so dramatic as crimson urine in my case, but still rather surreal. I feel phantom pains at weird times – especially as the doctor mentions different regions of the body, But I think that’s more cause I’m my Dad’s boy than anything else. All my Dad’s sons aren’t huge fans of hearing about blood or operations.

It’s well known family lore that when my sister sliced her wrist on an old door by accident that the nurses ran up to him when they arrived at the hospital leaving my poor sister with her tea-towel bound wrist clamoring for attention as my Dad looked so pale - like he was about to faint.

So, here I am, waiting to hear the results of my ultrasound. I wonder if Katie Holms felt like this when Tom ran the ultrasound over their kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is this???!!!!The family grape vine has been remiss.........Hope all is well let me know ok...Lulu